This was my first time making gluten-free nut butter cookies, and they turned out fabulously. At first, I was a little skeptical of making cookies without the flour, but I have been pleasantly surprised!
These cookies are quick to make, chewy and rich in flavour.
And for me, I like my cookies a little gooey in the middle and crunchy on the outside (must remember not to over-bake! I've done that before, and it's so disappointing because you lose the gooeiness)!
And most importantly, these are super easy to make!! See the recipe below:
1 x Cup Smooth Nut Butter (I use WholeEarth Smooth Peanut Butter but use whichever you prefer!)
1 x Egg
1 x Cup sugar
Pinch of rock salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oc. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and blend. If you have a mixer, then use this for speed, but it can be just as easily done by hand.
3. Take a spoonful of the mixture at a time and place onto the baking paper in a ball-like shape.
4. With a fork, or spoon, flatten the balls of dough. You can criss-cross with a fork if you fancy!
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until a little brown on top, and leave to cool.
Finally, serve up with a glass of milk or cuppa tea and devour! Let me know how you get on if you decide to give these a go!