You'll need to restrain yourself with these cookies because they are absolutely scrumptious!
Soft, chewy and doughy with bursts of melted dark, white and milk chocolate. This is the ticket to my heart. I am in love with this recipe and more importantly, the amount of cookies this makes (around 80 to be precise). That does sounds a little excessive, but they all went. A batch for the house, work and friends and I still could have squeezed in a couple more.I am telling myself not to feel guilty..
Usually, I am controlled. Warm, fresh from the oven choc-chip cookies, however, really do test me. This means, when the lovely Giulietta (G, as I like to call her because for the life of me I cannot remember how to spell her full name) bakes up a storm, I am not controlled what-so-ever. 'G' is my lovely new housemate, who thankfully, is also passionate about food. And with an Italian heritage, certainly knows how to knock up a proper bowl of pasta. I have already booked myself in for a lesson, and will be passing on my knowledge to you soon!
For the best homemade cookies, follow the recipe! Chocolate chip cookies are my favourite, but mix it up and add in some other additions if you fancy. And I needn't remind you, but serve up with a glass of milk and get dipping.
400g Can of condensed milk
5 cups Self-raising flour
250g white chocolate drops
500g dark and milk chocolate drops
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc and line 4 baking trays with grease proof paper
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy (I use a mixer for this, to take away the strain!)
3. Add in the flour and chocolate drops. Mix until all the ingredients have been incorporated.
4. Take small handfuls (around 1 tbsp) of the mix and roll into balls. Place onto the baking tray.
5. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a little brown on top.
DIG in. I love mine warm, when the chocolate is all melted and gooey.